Sunday, August 05, 2007

Acquisition Mode Again

I'm trying to get my Mamiya RB67 (Pro-S) a little less manual and a little more automatic.

First on my list is the 6x8 power winder back. It's compatible with the RB67 Pro-S and any newer versions and it shoots in a 6x8 format that is closer to an 8x10 enlargement or the dimensions of your average magazine cover. There aren't that many cameras that can shoot 6x8, actually I know of only one - the Fuji GX680 which is probably the most awesome medium format camera I've never had the pleasure of using but I love so much because of what it's capable of. The second reason I'd like to have this back is that winding and cocking the shutter are two separate actions on the RB67 and I'd like to reduce it to one action.

Second on my list is a metered finder, preferably the Cds finder which has a TTL meter. I currently have a prism finder but I would love the convenience of a built-in meter instead of having to carry a handheld light meter.

I'm also considering a bracket for the camera so that the entire kit would be easier to hold in general.

So far I've found what I'm looking for on keh.com and eBay so I'm thinking within the next couple of months I'll get to where I want to go with my RB67 kit.

No comments: