Thursday, January 04, 2007

The blog is back and there's going to be trouble...

So I'm finally back in the blogosphere after Blogger finally got back to me about resetting my account password. I think I requested it a few months ago and I totally forgot about it. I thought their e-mail to me was spam or some phishing attempt.

Anyway life is good. I got a 15" MacBook Pro....I *SO* wanted the built-in iSight camera...unfortunately, I've yet to find a buyer for my used Powerbook that's only less than 2 years old. It's in great work condition....it's got a dent and the battery and power adapter need to be replaced, but everything else is great! I was hoping to avoid eBay but alas, that might be the only place wher I can sell it. Yeah, so we have a surplus of 2 laptops. We had a surplus of 2 laptops even before I got the MBP, but I ended up donating one of our older laptops (it was 4 years old) so at least we can get a tax credit for it.

It's 11:24 pm and Sydney is still up.....argh.....she's like the Energizer Bunny, I swear.

So yeah, tomorrow is the Gold Medal game for the World Junior Hockey Championship (a.k.a., "The World Juniors" in Canada, and "The IIHF Under-20 Hockey Tournament" everyone else in the world). It's the equivalent of the NCAA Frozen Four or March Madness in college basketball except you're playing for your country. It gets incredible television ratings in Canada but everywhere else, nobody really cares about it. Even when the tournament was being held in the U.S., there were no national sports television networks airing the games. Anyway, Canada is in the Gold Medal game against Russia tomorrow morning. I have an all-day meeting (figures) tomorrow so I can't listen to the streaming radio broadcast of the game. Think they'll notice the headphones in the meeting?

No comments: